In this section Waveley Day Centre
| How Waverley is managed
| Meet the Team
Waverley Day Centre is operated by the charity Kenilworth Community Care from a building owned by Warwickshire County Council. The building is a large old style residential property with a new extension to enhance its facilities.
All main facilities are on one level and there is a lift to access the upstairs which comprises of a Hairdressing salon, offices and meeting rooms. There are plenty of toilet facilities with wheelchair access.
Client referrals come from two sources:
- Clients who refer themselves and are not eligible for Social Services support. This is available to all older people in the area.
- Warwickshire Social Services Department. Social Services provide money towards the running of this facility. They also purchase a certain number of places for older people in receipt of home care. This enables them to remain at home and keep their independence. At present K.C.C. holds a contract with the S.S.D. which is reviewed annually.
All clients pay for their lunch and beverages one month in advance. Private clients pay a day care charge directly to the centre monthly in advance. The clients who are funded by Social Services are billed for day care and transport monthly in arrears by the Charging team at Social Services.
- 1 full time manager and 5 carers
- 1 cleaner
- All staff have a variety of training reflecting their roles
There are 20 people who give their time to support the work in a variety of roles. See Volunteer Opportunities.
Kenilworth Community Care is a Company Limited by Guarantee (company no.5019104) registered as Charity no. 1105054.
The Company's registered office is Waverley Day Centre, 65 Waverley Road, Kenilworth, CV8 1JL
The object of this “not for profit” company is identical to that of the former Kenilworth Community Care Council, from which it took over all operations at the beginning of November 2004, that is to promote the welfare of the elderly, and persons suffering from mental or physical ill health, and the mentally and physically handicapped, in any manner which is or hereafter may be deemed by law to be charitable, within the town of Kenilworth and it's vicinity.
In particular it shall:
- Foster co-operation and communication between voluntary organisations which have an interest in promoting the social welfare of those in need in the community;
- Manage the Waverley Day Centre; and
- Initiate any action to further its objects as the company shall think fit.
Individual persons who reside in Kenilworth or its vicinity who support the objects of the Company and have attained the age of 18 may be admitted into Membership of the Company at the discretion of the Management Committee.
Unincorporated associations, companies, societies, statutory agencies, local authorities and any other organisations based in or operating in Kenilworth and its vicinity which support the objects of the Company may also be admitted into membership of the Company.
The following are Trustee/Directors of the Company and form the Management Committee:
- Chair - David Lansdowne
- Treasurer - Jeremy Eastaugh
- Steve Luff
- Felicity Bunker
Secretary to the Trustees -Vivien Small
Liaison Officer - Jill Blake
Centre Manager - Anne Cross
Catering Manager - Sue Hutchcox
Administrator - Helene Clark
The staff are supported by an excellent team of volunteers.